Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Witchcraft in the Doctor's Office

Today was weird.

My mother-in-law and I spoke on the phone today.  One of the first questions out of her mouth was, "So, how is the baby?" 
I paused.
Silence.
I paused.
I paused. 
What?  (OH she means Noah!)  :)  Me: "Oh He's ggrrreeeaatttt."
 Whew My heart almost dropped out of my chest and onto New Circle road!
I called my Dr.'s office at 8:00am hoping I'd get an appointment today.  
OH NEXT Thursday?  Sure, that works perfect.  A week and a half no big deal!  I'll just sit around and knit a sweater till then.
However she did make a prediction.

Nurses assistant:  When was the first day of your last blah, blah, blah......Oh ok well your 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  
Me: Really?  What kind of mystical phone do you have in that office, that you can make these predictions? 
Nurses assistant:  Oh we calculate your due date this way but will get a few days more accurate with an ultra sound.
Me:  Sounds like witch craft.

I found out I can't take benadryl, sudafed, or my allergy injections.  So stuffy nose and all that loveliness is here to stay.  Only it is accompanied by a really tired girl who happens to feel nauseous/hungry constantly.    I'm not complaining.  Don't get me wrong.  It's making it sink in though.  I am pregnant.  We are going to have a baby.  And now it's hard not to be excited.  
Tonight we looked on a website that tells the baby's progress at this stage in the game (grant it we're going on the witchcraft phone predictions). 
Apparently the valves of the heart are forming and beginning to beat, and the thought of that makes me want to cry.  Two hearts in my body?  Really, God?  You stop with all this amazement,  I'm not through the first trimester and my brain might just explode with all this awesomeness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS