Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

A good day to dig


I was blessed enough to have this gorgeous spring day off! Barry and I got to sleep in an hour or so later than usual, which makes all the difference in the world. I took Keightley to the vet for his annual check up. The poor little furry friend had four shots and blood taken, and a little bit of his privacy invaded too, but he took it all like a champ! :) He wasn't even mad at me, which I think means he's growing up.
The never ending list of errands was cut down like a dead tree today and all before noon! I came home, had a leisurely lunch and then started digging. Barry and I had been wanting to fix the brick around our beds to a more permanent space and cleaner look, similar to what Granny and Pepaw have in their front yard. Barry had already lined the bed and measured the distance of sod that needed to be ripped up. So I spent the afternoon in a tank top, capris, UK hat, and sunscreen which felt foreign and familiar all at the same time. Listening to some nice music I worked my shovel under the roots and proceeded to rip up grass till my hands were blistered.....no really, 4 nice blisters one that feels like a nasty bruise! The Star Magnolia Barry's parents got me after Mawmaw died has been hard at work this week too. Last week the buds were beginning to fatten up, this week their white petals have pushed their way through to reveal a hint of what's to come.
Barry was able to come home from work early today and helped rip up the last part of the bed. He also went to HomeDepot to get all the brick we'd need to finish the project.
Tonight I met the girls out for sushi and drinks for some long awaited time together. It was great to catch up with Paige, Laura, and Lauren. We then headed over to the Mad Potter to paint pottery, drink wine, and listen to music. We certainly livened the place up to say the least with our own version of music of Paige's ipod. It was a fun and different way to spend a Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS