Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Recap




Friday night we met up with Lauren and Josh for dinner at Grey Goose. B and I had never been their for dinner before. We had to wait quite a while for a table but it was actually pleasant weather so we enjoyed the patio atmosphere. The greek pizza was delicious, our company fabulous, so all and all a great double date. I'm so excited to see L so happy. Josh is a super nice guy and very easy to talk to, it was good to have the time to get to know him a little better.
After dinner we headed over to Table310 . (My favorite place for a beverage in Lex!) Lauren and I split a bottle of wine and good conversations while B and Josh sipped bourbon and cried from laughing over Ferrels appearances on the Office. :)

Saturday was an early vino recovery time. Then it was off to Jennifer's shower for baby Harper! Laura came to pick me up. It was the most beautiful day we have had in a while. The sun was out and the temperatures were warm enough for cute dresses, (without boots!) Susan and Elizabeth,(her adorable also pregnant sister) hosted a wonderful shower at Greentree Tea Room. I had been dying to go after all Jennifer has said about it. Elizabeth and her go every month, as the menu changes each time. It was the perfect setting for a sweet shower, and the food was simply delicious. Jennifer is one of those pregnant women that just make it look good! She's completely adorable and I can't wait to meet pretty little Harper Elizabeth Nelson.
Barry had just finished mowing the grass when we got home. We wanted some good hang out time and decided to go visit some antique stores. The liberty/winchester area has several cute little shops that I wanted to see. I fell in love with a million pieces, and wished we had more rooms to decorate in our house. I would love for someone to let me decorate for them just give me the money and I'll buy, paint, and create. I promise it would be stunning! :) I did walk away with an awesome gold mesh belt, brushed gold bracelet, an old silver picture frame that I may use as a small tray, and a pewter cross for our living room.
We enjoyed the beautiful day right into the evening. We cooked dinner together on the patio, grilling chicken in a rustic mustard sauce and enjoyed a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from Jean Ferris we purchased on our 2 year anniversary. Cheers to our family!
We visited Broadway Christian again on Sunday, and this time tried out their Sunday school. We are getting closer to making this our church home and it is a comforting and special feeling.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS