Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Twelve Months of Knowing Heaven on Earth

 Please don't make me stay on my back.   I can't stand being on my back guys! 
 Yes I'll sit here if I can hold the "boon".
 Where is he going? 
 Say hello to my little "boon".

 I will sit upon the balloon in a wild balancing act. 
 Oh this pillow has such wonderful color and texture. 
 Let's climb Mt. Pillowoficicas.
 Gotta pause and get stabilized. 
 Someone give me a flag so I can stake a claim on this new moon land I've found. 
 For God, my country, and All mankind I name this land..........
 Whoah I don't think this world is round after all.......
 Someone try to stop me now. 
 As I wiggle
 and giggle
 and show my true self.
 Look out world there's a 12 month old on the prowl and I'm coming after YOU!
12 Months brought us:

  • A little guy who weighs 19.4 lbs and is inches long
  • a little parrot who enjoys saying bye-bye, apple, bottle, bubble, Dada, ball, up, duck, moooo like a cow, ROOOOOORRRRRR when asked what a lion says, baaaaaa for a sheep, began signing and saying more when eating or nursing.  
  • Sleeping through the night more than waking!!!! Woooohoooo
  • Creating a game of hide and seek by going into your room and shutting the door.  Hiding behind the ottoman or the kitchen island.
  • Still in size 4 shoes, 9 month onesies, 12 month john johns, size 3 diapers.
  • Playing more independently with toys and enjoying them in a whole new way as he began to stack and put things together.  
  • Found a new love for foods like pineapple and kiwi.  He enjoyed finger and table foods over baby food most meals and really loves spinach, garbanzo beans, broccoli, and grilled cheese.  We dropped down to nursing 3 times a day and of course introduced him to sugar as a sweet treat.  
  •  

  • Pulling up on furniture and cruising.  You like to walk circles around the coffee table.  
  • A fast little crawler who likes to chase and be chased all over the house.  
  • Holding fingers and walking around the house is still a favorite past time, only now you enjoy walking with one hand at times.
  • Balance, you are able to stand on your own and have been seen doing so while clapping or playing with a toy.
  • A new game of up/down we say the word up and you pull up on furniture we say down and you squat down.  
  • Two and a half weeks of sleeping through the night.....it didn't last but I think we're on to something.
  • More interest in table foods.  You've decided you like the taste of things you despised in the past.  You like to feed yourself peas, cheese, bread, and cheerios.  You are still eating two meals a day and having a good snack in the afternoon.  Snacks are usually yogurt, cheese, crackers dipped in hummus, apples, pears, or bananas. 
  • Size 4 shoes, 6-9 month onesies, and 12 month john johns.
  • Screams, some of delight some out of anger.
  • You learned how to throw small fits.....I'm pretty sure that only gets better with time. 
  • Started taking baths in the tub like a big boy.
  • 11 months going on 1.  It's so hard to believe, and you just keep getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS