Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

My frame runneth over.

I've always adored taking pictures.  Not from the artistic perspective but just for capturing moments. I'm the friend who always has her camera, and may ask any random stranger to snap a shot or two to remember an occasion.  When I was in middle school I had an idea that someday in my house I would have a room with framed pictures covering the walls from floor to ceiling. 

Apparently that's what the inside of my MacBook looks like right now.
My frame runneth over.
 While having my cracked screen repaired last week (yep that happened) :(  The lady at the Apple store informed us that she had never seen so many pictures on a computer.....Ever. 
40,000 sounds like a bit much especially considering that there are tens of thousands more on external hard drives in our home.  Thursday night I sat down to load pics and finally catch up on blogging......but iPhoto continually gave me an error.  Turns out I literally have no more space on this thing.  So bare with me because over the next few days I'll be trying to free up space on here.  Which brings me to a question. 

How do you organizer your photos?  How do you store them?  I'd love to hear from you through comments or emails. 
I'll hopefully be back up and running more delicious yummy photos very soon.  :)  Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. I save all my on an external hard drive (mine is a 500GB and is going to be updated to 3TB) by date. It's not the greatest or safest way (because they could get deleted or because it's hard to show off) but I don't have tons of money to print out my photos either. So it works for me. Hope that helped. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By date, I mean by year. 2008-back (because I don't have to many digital past that, 2009, 2010 and so on.

      Cody
      solemnsound.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. This is a great post because I have that exact same question! I will be checking back in to find some answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a lot of them on my computer with a back up on an external drive. When the kids were younger I put them into photo albums. I still have some of the spares in photo boxes.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS