Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

It feels heavy

Tears met my cheeks today as we learned the details of the Newtown, CT tragedy. 
As a new mother I feel effected by news like this on a whole new level.  My thoughts are filled with questions and disbelief.  
I can not imagine evil taking my child from me, but to think of it happening 
+ 20 families
+The holidays

well...... it's unimaginable.  

As a teacher I thought of the hundreds of children I see each day and I can not imagine something so awful touching their lives.  Educators shouldn't fear for their safety when entering the doors of a place built to grow our nations future.   

As I laid Henry into his crib moments ago I felt a crushing blow to the heart knowing that their are 20 empty little beds tonight. 
For those families I pray.
I pray that they cling to the truth during a time like this.  

John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Romans 12:19
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

My heart breaks.
 

1 comment:

  1. It is another thing to hear of such evil as a mother, isn't it? So sad, so heart breaking to know that we, that our children, live in such a world as this.

    It will not always be this way.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS