Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How does your spiritual garden grow?

Sunday our pastor focused on Acts 18.  He asked us to look at our lives and ask ourselves "Who is challenging you spiritually?" "Who is pushing you to go further, become stronger in your walk?"

I immediately knew the answer to that question for myself.   Funny thing is, it's something I've thought about a lot lately because the person who is challenging me has taken me by surprise. 

See he can't walk, talk or even eat on his own but he moves me. 

Everyday he grows physically and mentally while pushing me to grow emotionally and spiritually.

I didn't expect this part of motherhood, but I welcome it.  Who doesn't want to be challenged and molded into a better version of you?

This little man makes me want to be a better person, and not just to him but to everyone I come in contact with.  Through prayer I'm realizing that my actions are going to mean so much more than anything else I say, and he already watches my every move. 

I will fail because I'm human and insanely imperfect.  But I hope he someday sees in me the light and love of Christ.  That he knows and longs for that amazing and wonderous love that allows us to feel safe and protected no matter what this world throws our way.  I pray for his spiritual journey every night while I rock him to sleep. 

This precious gift of motherhood is giving me new meaning in life, and I'm forever thankful.  

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. It's amazing what we learn as we become mothers. Prayers for you as you grow in your love for your sweet baby and for God!

    Emily
    www.weakandloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful and SO true! I feel like your children sort of give you no choice but to be a better you! Well said, friend!

    I'm so glad you linked up to the Mixer and I hope to see you again on Thursday! Also, come on by and enter to win a super adorable Thirty-One bag or some awesome discounts on a Thirty-One order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and oh-so-true post. (Great pics too!) I can tell that you're definitely on the right path and going to be such a wonderful blessing to that tiny little boy. I found your blog today from last week's Mommy Brain Mixer. Now following along on your adventures. I just love finding new Christian mama blogers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment. It so helps to have encouragement on this journey!

      Delete
  4. this is exactly what I needed to hear today! I need that little push! I agree with Jelli you are a beautiful mama and really are going to be great mama for that sweet little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to even push a little! :) What a treat to hear! You're sweet!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS