Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dreading Swimsuits?

Swimsuit season is one of the most dreaded and loved seasons of all.  
It's thoughts begin to consume many woman's minds months before the first drop of water finds it's way into a pool.  We all love to be out in the sun, play in the water, splash around, and just find ourselves relaxing.  Yet, with the promise of wet sun drenched skin comes a dread of finding and wearing that swimsuit.  
I would venture to guess that even the most lovely of the Victoria's Secret models have insecurities at the beach when they aren't hiding behind a veil of airbrush.  (curse them for trying to have the world live up to ridiculous expectations)
After having Henry I have found myself more uncomfortable than ever.  We all know our own skin, know how we fit in clothes, and when we aren't in our "sweet spot".....well it's just kind of tough.  I'm not dieting, but eating healthy (for two), and began working out again after my six week mark.  But having a baby changes your body forever.   All mommas have reminders on their body of the life they once carried around inside.  It is a blessing no doubt, to carry these marks of love around.  But it makes the dressing room a little daunting at times.
It is difficult to shop as a mommy because car seats, crying babies and dressing rooms just don't work well.   So I broke down this weekend and went out for a few moments of alone time to find a swimsuit that fit.  What I discovered was acceptance.  I attempted to try on dozens of suits at multiple stores that others seemingly find success in.  Alas, I found myself in a hot sweat from the stress of realizing, nothing fit the way I wanted it to, nothing made me feel comfortable.  I decided to make one last stop into the mall and again tried on dozens, this time mixing and matching every possible combination of swim style available.  It worked.  I ended up coming out with a suit I can wear and feel comfy in as a mom and a woman.
Why am I telling you this?  
Well because I think that many of us struggle in this department.  My final thoughts and conclusion on the matter is don't dread the season or the suit.  Go out and try try again.  They make swimwear today for every possible shape and size.  So be OK with the fact that your "dream suit" or "dream body" may not be happening right now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't feel beautiful in your skin.  Find a way to let your assets shine!  And splish splash your way into summer!!!!!!
All pics can be found sourced on my pinterest page. 

2 comments:

  1. so true! everybody should always feel beautiful!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your frustrations but you're cray - you looked fab during and after!! :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS