Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

We have had a good weekend here at home. Friday night couldn't have come quick enough with the end of the school year approaching the days drag on forever! We went to dinner Friday with Drew and Lauren at Saul Good where Barry and I both got "the usuals". It was a good visit with them and we were home in time to watch Dateline with Keightley and fall asleep on the couch before 11:00. :) Saturday morning we awoke slowlllllllyyyyyyyyy.... Crawling out around 9:30 I was able to do a few cleaning duties and start in on my reading on the patio. It was a beautiful day to be outside with the previous nights storm clouds rolling out to reveal a warm and almost forgotten about sunshine. I met Paige and Laura at L's pool as I attempted to read some more and caught up with the ladies, all while sipping a raspberry rita! Mmmmmmm! Barry played golf with his dad at the Bull, and though he was dissapointed with his game I know he had fun. I left the pool to finally stop and pick up tomatoes and peppers that were long overdue in planting. I was able to get them in the ground and set out a new white knock out rose for the big white bed in the back. We grilled out after being worn out and dined on orange roughie, grilled brussel sprout (which was an adventure and rocked my socks off) and blanched peas. We tried to watch some t.v. but again were both wiped out tired and ended up asleep around midnight.
This morning we woke up around 8:00 and decided against going to Katherine Sandefer's graduation after confusion about tickets etc. So we stayed in bed hung out in a cave of sheets and got up around 9:40. Smelling coffee and bacon while watching CBS's Sunday Morning was a nice way to start the day. I then got ready for the HOT 87degree day and read articles outside with the pup. We went to Barry's parents around 1:00 for lunch and had a great visit with them. We left Kman there and went to Laura's pool for about 2hours I got a lot of reading done for my research, got a bit of a tan, and was able to hang out with my handsome husband. Karen sent us home with a truck load of daylilies, mint, purple salvia and a large bush with pink flowers. I have lots of digging to do this week in my spare time.....which I have none, but it's always a nice break from studying! I've been trying to find a groove in researching this evening and have had little luck, which means more work for the rest of the week. So off to bed I go with hopes of being well rested and ready to tackle this week. I am so thankful for a great weekend with a loving husband, a cozy home, great family and many wonderful things on the horizon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS