Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Our Sunset June 24, 2013


Sometimes a sunset is more than a sunset. 
On June 24, 2013  the sun went down; not just on a day that had passed but on a lifetime of memories as we said goodbye to Barry's Granny; Mallie Louise Cooper.  She was a strong willed, sweet, and witty woman who I so adored getting to know over the years.  A visit with her most certainly meant a laugh or two and a good hand hold or hug.
So as we all celebrated her life with stories and the gathering of family that doesn't often get together everyone took a moment to say goodbye; and to watch the sun set on a chapter of their life filled with childhood memories big and small. 
Barry enjoyed watching as Henry ran barefoot through the same yard and field he did as a child.  Telling us he was going to run "very far away"; and standing outside the workshop where his "Papa Cooper baseball bat" was made.
 We so dearly love that Henry met and spent some time with his great Granny Cooper.  She will be remembered always and often in a very special way.  She knew before she passed that her name would live on as we decided long ago if we ever had a daughter she would be called Mallie.  That news made her happy, which made us happy too!
So growing inside me with each passing day Mallie Lynn Cooper forms into the little lady we will soon meet. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that your little lady's name has a family origin, however I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jill. She lived a wonderful and big life and I'm so happy to have met her.

      Delete
  2. As I was reading this I kept saying in my mind "oh, I really hope they name that baby Mallie!" I LOVE that name and would be forced to have another child in the hopes of having another girl so I could call her Mallie ;) Omar thanks you for going with that name so he can avoid having another ginger. Poor man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me LOL girl. Thanks for the compliment you will have to meet her!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS