Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow Much Fun!

Anybody who knows me knows I love snow, and being a teacher makes snow even more precious.  I enjoy every season that God gives us and adore warm weather but there is something magical about snow that gets me excited every time.  This winter has been one of the least snowy winters on record for Kentucky, with much of the U.S. having abnormally warm temperatures.  I had my hopes lifted multiple times throughout the winter with the possibility of snow coming in and out of the forecast a few times but never coming to fruition.  So when Sunday night's forecast called for 1-3 inches of snow I tried not to get excited.  But, my inner child took over and I got up more than the usual pregnant woman in the middle of the night to look out the window.  Each time I got more and more excited as HUGE cornflake like snow crystals fell from the sky.  
When I awoke this is what I saw out my window.  

 So this is what a teacher with a snow day starts her day with. :)







Drying off the puppy and myself after a fun time in the snow. 

Lil' K trying to warm himself in the sun before we put his puppy paws in warm water.


The most beautiful snow I have ever seen.  Big, wet flakes stuck to every branch of every tree, flower, and blade of grass. 
So I enjoyed my first and last snow day of the school year.  I took Keightley on the only type of walk he will go on, a snowy one.  He loved every second of it as he bounded around in the over 5 inches of glorious white crystals that covered our little world.  This was a huge blessed gift from God that I loved every second of. 

Oh and Henry liked kickin around as we walked too.  I'm pretty sure he's a snow lover already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS