Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Tooth number three - HTC

Tooth number three has left the building and it brought a hole host of excitement with it.  We had known he had two loose front teeth for sometime, and lately his left one began to stick out  farther and farther.  After visiting the dentist for a cleaning we discovered that Henry actually has six loose teeth!  I guess he is trying his best to get served milkshakes for all his meals.  He was given some "tooth homework" to circle his two front teeth to wiggle them free.  So after chomping into an apple yesterday and pulling his snuggletooth further out of place he took his tooth homework to heart.  With excitement and a smile he kept working on that little tooth until he started to make serious progress.  
"I don't want to do anything else but this!" he exclaimed as he refused to play, basketball, soccer or do anything else but wiggle his tooth and smile.  Over the next two hours we heard "When you see me next I'm going to look so different!" at least a dozen times as he whisked into the bathroom to work and wiggle.  He kept checking in with me for "is it ready?" checks where I would move his tooth around to tell him what I thought.  After telling him he was going to loose both of his front teeth really soon he grinned and got a serious look on his face as he whispered "I'm going to be RICH someday."  
He asked me to step in for the final yank, and with a bit of nervous excitement and blood he showed us his new smile.  Those two front teeth change the look of a kid so drastically in my opinion.  In one day he went from little boy to transitioning into big boy status.  That toothless grin is a sign of changes to come and growing up to happen ahead.  So if I don't encourage the wiggling of teeth you'll know why.  What a sweet blessing it is to witness the joy and excitement of childhood milestones.  
 Oh and at his request we had to have a tooth celebration all night!  A little frozen treat for that sore gum hit the spot, and a tooth loss tradition was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS