Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The most wonderful time of the year.

This Christmas season was the fullest I've ever known; full of love, magic, busyness, and family.  With a newborn and two busy little loves to keep up with, it was also a season that passed so quickly I'm almost in disbelief it's over.  Being the lover of Christmas that I am I couldn't bring myself to scale back on the decorations, festivities, baking, or fun.  Maybe I was burning the candle at both ends, but if any season was made for candle burning it's this one right?
My favorite moments are hard to narrow down but I'll try to recap the best I can.  Trimming the tree was a whole new experience with two active ornament hangers, Mallie Lynn wanted to open the boxes and hang them as fast as she could, while Henry preferred to look over them, comment, and find the perfect spot to hang each one.  Our tree was undoubtedly bottom heavy as the kids filled up space with ornaments, sometimes hanging 3-4 on one branch.  I fought the mama urge to move things and left it all exactly as they had placed it.  
As we unwrapped our ornaments I couldn't help but reflect on the past year.  Last Christmas we had no idea the fullness that awaited our hearts.  Oh yes, our hands are full, eyes are tired, and our decorations took twice as long to hang up, but there is a joy and greater love in our home than we could have ever asked for.  
Cooper family of 5 = best gift ever.
Henry and Mallie Lynn enjoyed the return of Jelly Jack as he stirred up mischief and watched for good behavior.  
Ford became a Christmas present at least once a day as his favorite new spot to nap was under the tree. 


 Henry handled visiting Santa like going to see an old friend.  He was excited to ask for a megaphone, electric race track, and 
Mallie Lynn had talked up the moment for quite sometime and was excited to ask for two new Paw Patrol pups, Everest and Tracker.  When it came down to it she decided she just didn't trust the man in the red suit and just when her moment was almost passed she looked at him from a far and whispered "I wanna Tracker and Everest pup, and a mixah."  
Santa informed Henry that he may have to bring his neighbors headphones if he wanted him to bring a megaphone on Christmas.  
We enjoyed rare sleepy naps, longer than normal pajama days, and sweet warm cuddles as we checked off our list of Christmas movies.   

 Our annual family cookie party that began with my mom's mother, continued this year with more family than ever with our new addition to the farm.  

 There were school Christmas programs that warmed the soul and got our minds focused on the true meaning of the Christmas season.  


 
We continued the tradition my Granny started when I was a little girl and enjoyed an afternoon at the Opera House watching the Nutcracker. This time we brought Mallie Lynn, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much she enjoyed it all.  We changed up tradition just a tad and met our sweet friends Lock and Aubrey at the theater.  Watching their little faces was just as entertaining as the ballet itself. 


 
I had my first "night out" experience as I snuck a few hours away to be with Barry for the Meridian Christmas party.  It's always a fun night and I like seeing Barry in his element enjoying his career.  

The Nutcracker performance was carried over into pretend play on more than one occasion in our house.  I will never watch a sweeter sugar plum fairy and prince no matter how many times I see it performed.  

This guy gave us Christmas gifts all season long as he started to show off his smile and sweet coos.
Our third annual Friendsmas happened with a new little addition joining in on the fun.   Our lives are busy these days and we don't get together as often as we would like.  Most of the time our time together is spent having broken conversations while watching our wild little blessings run around.  Having a night to sit and enjoy our friends family is a gift any time of year but especially at Christmas.  
party crasher

My ambition and love of Christmas traditions may or may not have gotten the best of me, but I'm thankful we took the time to make sweet treats, messes, and memories.  

 
The most magical time of the year did not disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS