Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

4th Festivities


I love the 4th of July for so many reasons.  It's the peak of summer, patriotic, a reason to celebrate true Americana.  As our first year in this house I have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of festivities they put on throughout the year.  The 4th of July celebration was right up my alley and a true call to American neighborhoods of the past.  We began our morning with a kids 4th of July bike parade.   Over a hundred kiddos with bikes all decked out in red, white, blue, stars and stripes as they trekked from one end of the neighborhood to the other.
I enjoyed every second riding along with my sweet Henry and watching him ride his little heart out.  He soaked up every wave and cheer, and never once complained even when he let me know his "handlebars are getting sweaty, but that's OK I'm trying my best."  #heartmelter
We ended our parade jaunt with snow cones, inflatables, and meeting new friends.  Then it was off for a quick wardrobe change and fun in the sun poolside.  
Part 2 of our 4th festivities involved friends and neighbors, grilling out, sparklers, snap n pops, giggles, watermelon, laughs, fireworks, and staying up way beyond bed times.  This is summer at it's finest and I was only too happy to soak it all in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS