Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Her arrival.

On the morning of September 25th, 2014 we became parents to our darling daughter.  
For weeks I had been walking around laboring and living life as my body crept it's way from 2cm and 85% to 4cm and 90%.  So when I began feeling contractions and cramps as I tried to sleep that night I didn't think to myself, "today's the day."  A little before 5am I awoke to one that was stronger and longer than the others had been, enough to make me do a breathing exercise to get through it; this woke up B and had him quickly excited and timing for the next one.  It came 4 minutes later and boom, we both got our game faces on.  As we got ready for the hospital I began to get nervous not really sure if this was it or not, but the quicker they came the reality set in as I said to him "I think we are going to have a baby today."  
I tiptoed in to kiss my sleeping baby boy goodbye.  It was an unforgettable moment knowing it may be the last time I see him as my only child.  B's parents arrived and off we went.  
6am we checked in.  Or rather he checked us in while I tried to hold myself together bent over a chair in labor.  By the time we got to a room and got checked I was 6cm and she was in go position, and so we labored.  
She's a go getter I can tell already, she was determined to get here and put her mind to it.  I moved through the waves of praying on the crests before they quickly slammed ashore.  God, my loving husband, a great nurse and Dr. and music therapy got us there.  We were completely effaced and at 9cm but my water just wouldn't break.  I kept refusing to let them break it (mainly because I remembered the pain it brought with Henry), until they convinced me that was the only thing holding us back.  The flood gates opened and she was coming, game face again.  it was time to push.  My midwife was unable to be there for her arrival, but I had the blessing of a wonderful God fearing doctor whom I trusted completely.  With my angel of a nurse and doctor coaching, she came into this world at 8:54am.  
Happy Birthday
Mallie Lynn Estelle Cooper

We couldn't believe you were finally here.  The whole experience surreal, and completely unforgettable.  This little girl they watched so carefully fearing you may be too small, showed the world God's precious gift of a healthy 6.2lbs and answered prayers.
Holding her for the next hour or so in complete bliss; I was nothing short of thankful, and we were nothing but in love.  What a miracle this life is.  Watching Barry hold her for the first time melted my heart; there is something different about a daddy holding not just your baby, but his daughter that makes you swoon.  

 The world was eager to meet her, and we were happy to share her, but one special little boy had been waiting a long time to meet his sister and he got first dibs.  
 He was beside himself excited.  Saying sweet lines like "this is my baby sister",  "ohhhhhh, look at her tiny nose!"  "She has a little tongue."  He couldn't keep his eyes off of her and was enthralled with her cute pink hat. 
 This was us trying to talk to him for a good 5 minutes explaining that other people wanted to hold her too.  He didn't want to let go because she is "his little sister."  
These pictures make my heart swell and my hormonal momma eyes tear up a bit a lot. 

Grandparents in heaven.
 Proud aunts and uncles gathered near. 

and 26 hrs later we went home. 
because the next day was Barry's brother's wedding, where he would play the part of best man, and Henry the ring bearer.  We Cooper's like to keep the celebrations rolling.  :)
  

"Before I created you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I set you apart; I made you a prophet to the nations."-Jeremiah 1:5


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS