Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Brotherly Love


These two pics are from our last day together with you as an only child.  Just a simple day of running errands after picking you up from school but you make anything feel special.  You're such a sweet and wonderful child, playful and inquisitive.  It is truly an honor to be in your presence.

You have been the best big brother to our new baby girl.  You ask to hold her at least once a day and are often seen giving her a pat, hug or kiss.  You know how to rock her "gently" and can often be seen giving run by kisses to her forehead or cheeks.  You've lovingly created a nickname for her as your little "Malla". 

 In my wildest dreams I couldn't have expected you to except her and love her the way you have.  God has made room in all our hearts, a special place just for her and it's so apparent in your thoughts and actions.   Nothing melts my heart like hearing you say out of the blue that you love your sister.  You genuinely care for her and ask where she is when she's not around, you want to check on her in her crib, and get excited to see her when you wake up. 

Of course we have had some growing pains, as visitors have passed through the house and you realize their not just here to see you anymore.  You love to show off and do your best to charm their eyes away from your attention stealing sibling.  :)  But it's precious, harmless, and normal and I'm so glad that you are adjusting the way that you are. 

Time alone with you is rare for me right now.  Trying to entertain and play with you while feeding your ever hungry sister is proving to be a challenge.  I hope you know I miss you.  Just us.  I hope you see that I love you more now than ever before, and that you will always be my baby boy.  There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for you.

Love,
Your Proud Mommy


2 comments:

  1. Awww how sweet. I just had my first baby 2 weeks ago. Now this is making me want another :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh enjoy your time with just one! It's so different the second time around but equally wonderful in a whole new way. :)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS