Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Memory of Memorial Day

 



Our Memorial Day weekend was filled with much fun.   We spent Sunday in Ohio for the annual Miller Family Reunion.  A great feast of foods, sports, and catching up with extended family.  My Pepaw a Navy Veteran, is one of 12 siblings needless to say there are a few people there running around.  It was great to introduce Henry to all of his fam that had only seen him through pictures.  He enjoyed being outside and hamming it up with all of the new faces.  
Monday was spent relaxing at the pool for the first time.  Lil' H was less than impressed but I think it had something to do with the fact that the water felt like a melting iceburg.  
That evening was spent enjoying more time with family.  We enjoyed a nice cookout at Mike and Karen's and it is safe to say we don't have a bad cook in the family.  I am so blessed to live close to the wonderful family God has given me.  My grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are some of the best people I know.  We were all feeling patriotic sporting our red, white, and blue.  And Henry had a real taste of Americana as he bit into his first juicy watermelon slice.  He attempted to gobble down 2 more slices.  All in all, I'd say it was a successful way to celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS