Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What Not To Wear


We had another appointment yesterday for our little guy.  It was a long wait at the doctor's office but our midwife was delivering a baby, so I guess that's a good enough excuse.  ;)  We got to hear little man's heartbeat, answer some questions that we had.  Unfortunately one of those answers was No, we will not be getting another ultrasound unless something is of concern.  :(  Drats!  I wanted to see his little cheeks that I know are getting puggy by now. 
Tonight we had our first ever birthing class.  We are attending natural birthing at BabyMoon.  Turns out that our hospital doesn't provide any sort of natural birthing class at all.  Only Lamaze type classes mixed in with information about different drug options and C-section info.  Kind of odd that hospitals don't even want to give you the proper tools to birth naturally, I think it shows what they prefer you to do....

Anywho......So our birthing class went really well.  There were five other couples there set in a very relaxing environment.  I think it will be a great way for us to learn about all the stages of labor and what to expect from my body as well as letting Barry learn how to be the great supporter I know he will be.  Since it was our first class I didn't know what to expect.  But let me just tell you for all you other newbies out there.  A tight sweater dress and knee high riding boots are not appropriate attire for a birthing class.  Who knew we would be asked to do a sumo squat or lay on the floor, or get on all fours?  Um next time I'm sportin' some spandex!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS