Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

There is a closet....


There is a closet in our house that holds more than you'd think.  It's in the smallest bedroom of our home and boasts the least amount of square feet too.  For 2 years it held extra linens and lots of Lululemon.  Last summer it got a raise of sorts in it's rankings when it secretly began holding little things for a baby to be.  When we found out we were unexpectedly pregnant with a third little life my caught off guard heart quickly grew to the idea of another little one to love.  My parents had recently given me a few things that had been mine as a child and I stored them in that closet knowing I'd be able to use them in this new nursery of ours.  A baby blanket and a new baby sling also made their way to that closet giving it a sense of importance.
That sweet soul was called to live in heaven instead of our arms and I'm sure is being cared for far better than I could imagine.  So the closet grew emotions, it became filled with sorrow and though the contents remained it became quite empty.  Occasionally I would run my hands across those little things I collected and my heart would feel all the feelings, in the truest sense.
When we were blessed with the news that we were pregnant once more this past February the closet became hopeful.  It took some time, but slowly I began to ever so hopefully gather sweet things for our baby boy blessing to come.  Now I look at the contents of what had been there before with a smile on my face knowing this sweet child is getting something extra special, a few hand me downs from an angel sibling above.
This past week I emptied the closet of all that it held in it's previous life and began to make room for it's new role.  That tiny space is weeks away from holding outfits that will wear memories that will last a lifetime, blankets that will warm a fresh new life, and a few cherished gifts that will someday be passed down with loving memories.

33 weeks and counting.....We can't wait to meet our darling baby boy.  You are loved beyond measure  my sweet son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS