Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Nine.

Sometimes you just need to get away. Escape. Reset.
We needed that, and it just so happens our anniversary was in need of celebrating so off for a long beach weekend we went.
 Blessed am I to walk through my days with this man.  The beauty of being married for nine years can be found in the simple.  He understands me without question.  We have loving memories stacked high in our library; able to pluck any chapter from the shelf at the ready for a good read.  Some extravagant, some quaint and deeply moving, and some tough lessons that given God's blessing have bound us together with better glue.  These memories are important, especially when weaving through the hustle and bustle of life or raising our sweet offspring.  
In the busiest of days I lay my head down at night knowing I love him, and he loves me; and because of God's grace it will last eternally.  The trip was just what we needed and though I missed our kiddos like crazy I'm so thankful for in-laws who kept them safe and happy while we spent our time together.  
We got to celebrate in one of our favorite spots, Rosemary Beach Florida (but this time without children). 
Our anniversary dinner was spent at my most favorite eye candy spot, Alys Beach.  

Lovely.  200% Lovely.
 Waking up to coffee and a view.
 Morning beach walks before breakfast.  
Endless hours of beach time.  Quiet, long walks, reading a book, and taking a nap.  I felt like I was in someone else's body. 
 Pre dinner walks through this picture perfect little beach town brought smiles to our faces. 
 Nightly trips to see the sunset left us happily walking to dinner with sand between our toes.
 and the next day we did it all over again.  
 

 We ended our stay with our favorite restaurant; Edwards knows nothing but magic.  Right down to carrying my all time favorite Rosé, Chateau Puech-haut.  
Night walks exploring Rosemary can never be captured on film but are forever ingrained in the happy part of my memory.  
Our little spot of heaven.
We ended the trip with a to go box for us and Henry from Charlie's Donut Truck.  Weird to be there without a trip to the splash pad but how can you be that close and not stop!?
 On our last morning, God gave us a sweet little send off and sealed our trip with a kiss by showing us a little promise in the sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS