Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Mallie Lynn's First day of School

Our baby girl spread her wings proudly as she waltzed into a new year of school.  
Leading up to today, she had very little hesitation about it all and seemed to meet the day with gladness.  This year feels right, she feels ready and so do I.  
 What do you mean I can't pick my wedgies in public!???
 You mean to tell me I have to use my lady like manners too?!?  What is this place!?
 Oh a place for big girls?  Well I'll fit right in!  Our little mother hen is eager to be a helper in any given situation and is excited to make new friends.  
 It helps that she is walking into the same building where big brother is sitting too.  She has requested the same snack and lunch as him each day he's been away and was awful excited to pack hers in a lunch box this morning.  So much so, that when I opened her bag to put her lunch inside I found she had already done it herself.  

I can't say I didn't shed a tear but I do feel ready for time alone with Ford and for her to blossom in a whole new way.  
 But how could you not miss a big personality like this!?

She was quite certain she would miss her brother and I know he will miss her exuberant voice throughout the day.  

 She shed not a tear, ate all her lunch, played and sang songs and greeted us with a smile and kiss on the foot for baby Ford.  Her excitement to eat her first day of school cookies couldn't have been cuter!
 Just an hour and a half later it was time to pick up her favorite person from school.  "Oh she's as cute as ever!" he exclaimed upon seeing her; and with a cheek scrunching grin she ran to give him a hug.  He picked her up and carried her in the house, and oh how I loved seeing him love her back in such a vocal way.  I know it made this day that much better for her little Henry lovin' heart.  

Of course it's hard to believe she's almost 4 and getting to be such a big girl but I feel like the fun has just begun.  Sharing moments of conversation with her and watching her love for life shine is just the best.  We love you sweet Mallie Lynn.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS