Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Eleven months of knowing heaven on earth -RPC

E L E V E N months my baby,  eleven months you've had my heart. 
My blue eyed, blonde haired sweet boy I will pull out all the cliche speak for you this month.

Time slow down.

Can't you stay a baby forever?  

This past month you have scooted right out of your shell and onto great new things.  You became mobile in the most resourceful of ways, scooting across the floor with your right leg tucked and your left leg extended.  Surprisingly, the scoot is not a slow means of transportation and we've had to learn to keep an eye on you at all times.  
Off you go onto a new big milestone, where mommy is not your only means of conveyance.  Though much of the time you are scooting your way into my lap.  

Now that you can move, you've made it quite clear that mommy, daddy, balls, and cars are your motivation in life.  You love to bounce, roll, and throw balls and boy do you feel like big stuff when you get to join your brother and sister in a game of ball.  
I'm not sure if you will go from scoot to crawl or scoot to walk but it seems you are completely adverse to the idea of moving on all fours.  When you find yourself on your belly you immediately cry or lay your head down on the ground and chill.  It's pretty endearing to watch and I think another sign that you have a laid back personality.  
In the past week you have finally made a big leap in feeding.  You are still nursing every 3 hours but I think you are on the verge of going into longer stretches with new foods filling your belly.  We have continued to try multiple foods and after our visit to Cincinnati I felt more comfortable allowing you to try more as well.  Turns out strawberries are your jam!   (pun intended)
After having a bite you practically crammed my hand in your face trying to get another as fast as you could.  Every time you see one your body jumps with excitement.  I was able to bribe and trick you with strawberries to try more textures and foods and I've watched you chew and swallow 10 bites at a time!  Strawberries, apple, cucumber, watermelon, potato, waffle, pretzels, and pasta have all passed your pallet.  I'm so excited for you to be making such progress.  You have also started drinking out of a straw and look like such a big boy holding your cup and drinking.  We have introduced flax milk which you are a huge fan of and plan to introduce dairy milk soon.  

 Welcome to the world of food my man.  
This month was filled with milestones and progress in your development.  We had a visit to Cincinnati Children's allergy department for testing.  Though allergy pricks and bloodwork isn't fun you took it all in like a champ.  We discovered that egg, peanuts, and all other tree nuts are an absolute no, no, for you.  You tested high enough that immunotherapy is not an option, so we will watch you with vigilence and carry an epipen that we hope is never used.  We received new instructions for treating your eczema as well with wet wrap therapy.  Basically you get a 30 min bath each night and are slathered with creams and ointments, followed by warm damp pajamas that are then covered in a pair of dry pajamas.  It's an ordeal to say the least but we have seen some improvement since starting the new routine.  I have also taken all nuts and eggs out of my diet so here's to hoping we clear up that sweet baby skin of yours.  
I really can't believe we are one month away from celebrating your first birthday.  Don't be surprised if I still call you my baby for another couple years....or a lifetime.  I love you so much my little snuggle bug.  Here's to soaking up the next few weeks my love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS