Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

My pajama gang

 We are people of pajamas.  We prefer slow mornings accompanied by cartoons, where transition to real clothes happens at lunch and play time is endless.  The end of our Christmas break was sad for all, and the hopes of a snow day have been shattered this January.....So our Monday mornings where we can pajama play all day is met with thankful hearts.  We love our weekends too, but Monday, Monday feels like a charge of energy for my heart.  It's our one week day where I don't have to get up and go, it's my true stay at home mama heart being fulfilled kinda day.  Yep Monday is our day little ones and I'm so thankful to have it with you!
Evidence of a perfect morning can be found in pancakes, and stuffed animals sure to be smelling sticky sweet the rest of the day. 
Oh yes our days at home are filled with tons of moments like this one......
yelling over someones foot being on their chair, which is met with more yelling maybe a shove and then a time out......
But ya know what those moments that get me stressed, try my patience, and challenge me are what makes this process real life.  
My days at home are met with zero down time (as in sometimes I have to make myself eat a meal).  I feel like we are on the brink of an age where they aren't saying my name on repeat but for now I'm in constant need.  Motherhood is a job I feel so exhaustingly privileged to hold.  Any conversation I've ever had with a parent of grown children is all too quick to remind me how these are the best days.  The days that go by in a blur, leave you pouring coffee in your eye balls, use every last nerve in your body, and grow your heart in a way that is unexplainable.  It's grown my faith too and a reliance on the Holy Spirit to come along side me to forgive when I mess up and steer me in the direction of doing better.  
These babies won't be little forever, and in fact I don't know how much longer I can say my babies without Henry looking at me sideways.  I'm grasping to hold onto our moments, the good and the growing pains.  Words can't express how much I love my Henry Boo and Malla Moo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS