You love music and pretend to play every instrument under the sun. After attending a football game you became obsessed with the band and can often be found marching and playing a drum, trumpet, or cymbals.
One of your favorite activities is listening to music and you request your special playlist at LEAST once a day. Your list of loves lately include: Thomas the Train soundtrack, Tomorrow, Hard Knock Life (yeah not the Jay-z version), Ring of Fire, Walk the Line, Hall of Fame (a song you heard on a commercial with Rory McKilroy), and your all time favorite (listen to it 8 times in a row kinda fave) Jolly Mon by Jimmy Buffet. Jolly Mon also happens to be your favorite book, and we read this lengthy tale of pirates and islands so often that you have literally memorized almost every word. This has sparked a fascination with pirates, guitars, and the ocean.
My favorite, don't wanna forget Henry moments and sayings of late:
- "Breaksfist" for breakfast
- "Gouwls" for girls
- "When I grow up"...........I'll fly a jet and go very high in the sky, I'll get to have bubblegum, I'll get to use a big boy fork.
- Raising your shirt to show us where your food has gone, no matter if we are in public or at home.
- "Daddy, is your food in your hairy belly? "
- "So......, So it goes like this" as you precede to give us a detailed story on how to do something.
- "This is my favorite ____ of all"
- The oldie but goodie "Let me show you.'
- "When I was a little boy".......I use to play with that toy, drink chocolate milk, sit in that chair.
- "Come here guys, come here" as you bring your arms around your daddy and I for a group hug.
- Your need for routine and the fact that your nightly ritual now includes having me tickle your back and sing to you. My heart melts to hear you make the request each and every night.
- Lately I've been checking on you in the middle of the night as I get up with your sister to make sure your covered and snuggly. I have on occassion found you sleeping like you did as a baby, curled up like a ball with your rump in the air. *ahhhh I swoon.