Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

5 months of knowing heaven on earth

5 months of loving you has been oh so easy for us to do.  I'm so thankful for the time that I get with you.  Looking back at what life is like these days, I'm glad I have laundry messes, chores undone, dark circles under my eyes, and rarely wear anything but leggings these days because it means I'm holding you.  You love to be with me and prefer to be carried around the house like a prince vs. swings, play gyms, or mats.  You have the biggest grin on your face when people talk to you, especially your brother and sister.  The sweet way you talk to yourself and us now is just priceless and I can only imagine the conversations we will someday have.
Look at how tall this little baller is!
If my muscles don't stop you dead in your tracks these baby blues surely will!
Gosh that sounded a little bit braggadocios didn't it....
I'm sorry, sometimes the truth just comes out.
Maybe this next month I can work on that humble thing.....
In the meantime I'll just keep flexing.
and dabbin.

 Loves- Family, having your feet clapped together, being carried, nursing, being swaddled, looking at your play gym, pat-a-cake, being held facing out to see the world, playing walk/run with daddy and Henry, chewing on your hands, and reading.  You now get extremely excited when being read to and find it hard to sit still.  Your eyes light up, your arms and legs start moving quickly and you often squeal as you take everything in.  

Sleep:  Well ya know that four month sleep regression thing?  I guess we found it.  Lots of night waking and naps are still short lived.  I have been nursing a lot at night to try and build up that immune system as we fought flu germs in our house.  

Feeding: Feeding is something you love to do and often.  We have zero feeding schedule and you are my on demand baby without a doubt.  I'm thankful for every little moment we get together sweet boy. Our bedtime feedings have become quite the bonding session.  You have a new routine of nursing for a few minutes and then stopping to chat with me.  It is the cutest little thing and melts my heart right into the floor.  Sometimes you are serious and chattering and other times you just want to hold my hand, coo, and grin.  Anyway you choose to communicate I will soak up with a sponge and I hope it is a sign that you will always love having conversations with your mama.  Call me anytime, anywhere, this mama is always here to listen.  

Awake: You have become really observant and pay attention to every little thing that happens in your world.  You love kisses, being sung to, reading books, and watching your siblings.  You also enjoy bath time and have had lots of fun in the jumparoo this month.

Dislikes: night time diaper changes, putting yourself to sleep, being cold, having gas, coughing, being held on your back.  

Size: You are filling out more and more and becoming a heavier little stud every day.  We are all loving your fuller cheeks and think they make you look a lot like your brother as a baby.  

Milestones: FEET!  You found your feet and grabbed a hold this month.  You now love to do leg lifts and stare at them, it's insanely precious!  Rolling from side to side and though you have rolled over completely it isn't your favorite trick in the bag.  Standing in your jumparoo and kicking your legs.

5 months going on 6 and I hope we can slow down time just a little bit more these next few weeks.  I'm not ready for you to be half a year old my baby boy.

Loving you dearly,
Mommy

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS