Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

One month of heaven on earth -RPC

My precious little miracle you have given us so much in the past month.  I had many people give advice as to what having three children would be like, but not one of them told me time would go by even faster than before.  I blinked and you're a month old, and that's how the rest of your life will go too. 
I've basked in the wonderful light of being your mother since we met on October 6th.  
What we have lost in sleep we have gained in a million other ways.  There's something about you that brings a richness to our family I can't explain.  From your blonde tuft of never stay down hair to your calm demeanor when your wide eyed, we adore your little soul with all we've got.  Thank you for growing our love deeper.  I think all of us have experienced the deepening of our love roots as God expanded our hearts for you.  I love sweet Henry and Mallie Lynn in new and deeper ways, your daddy for the way he loves us and plays zone like a seasoned athlete and your grandparents and our friends for the ways they have lifted us up with helping hands, love, and prayers.  
My darling Ford, I love you too much.  I hope you don't mind when I stare, hold, and kiss you a little more than one might deem appropriate but I just don't want to miss a moment of loving you.  
Loves- Sleeping and eating are your favorite past time and 95% of the time you can be found doing one or the other, sometimes both simultaneously.  You sleep so much that I've sometimes been worried, checking on you to make sure you're still breathing and finding myself relieved when I hear you inhale and exhale.  You adore being held any way you can get it and prefer that to any other aparatus we might try to put you in for sleep.  


Sleep:  My sleepiest baby yet!  During the day you sleep like a champ; no screaming sister, siren honking brother, or wet wash cloth can keep you awake.  You love to be held or placed in the rock n play and have been doing pretty well in the bassinet and moses basket too.  Night time sleep is a little uneasy with a belly that seems to be sensitive to something in my breastmilk, gas pains can keep you up and unhappy at times.  

Feeding: Anytime, all the time.  You usually eat every 2ish hours but sometimes stretch it to three.....and sometimes don't make it past 1.5 hours.  Cluster feedings tend to happen simply because I can't keep you awake to get you completely full.   We've tried stripping you to your diaper, tickling your feet, rubbing your ears, and rubbing wet cloths on you to wake you up.....none of the above can put a dent in your determined sleep.  

Awake: When your fed and awake you are calm as a cucumber.  You take the world in with those big blue eyes and seem to be alright with what you see.  I'm convinced you're going to be my laid back surfer dude, you already have the hair to look the part.  The past week we have seen longer stretches of time when your awake, the longest being 1.5 hours and you're just as pleasant as can be.  

Dislikes: being cold, diaper changes, having gas, thrush on your poor little tongue,  not being fed fast enough, the first 5 minutes in the car, and being swaddled really tightly.  

Size: You're starting to fill out your newborn clothes and diapers and your little newborn wrinkles have been erased by plump little legs and arms.  

Milestones: Following the sound of voices with your eyes and turning your head to see things.  Looking people in the eye.  Nursing like a champ.  

Ford you are perfection, and anyone who has met you would agree.  In fact that's the word most commonly used to describe you.  One month of being loved, and an eternity to go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS